Daily Round Up: Wednesday March 07, 2018
9 things you need to know for Wednesday March 07, 2018. Follow us on facebook and Twitter to stay up to date with the latest news and information you need to know to Get Up to Speed and Out the Door.
National News Round Up:
- THE HILL – Ex-Bush ethics lawyer exploring bid for Franken’s former Senate seat: Richard Painter, a vocal critic of the Trump administration who served as White House ethics counsel to former President George W. Bush, announced on Wednesday that he is eyeing a potential Senate bid. – http://bit.ly/2HfjjiS.
- FOX NEWS – Trump administration to turn over documents related to Obama-era Operation Fast and Furious: The Justice Department said Wednesday it will turn over documents withheld by former Attorney General Eric Holder related to the Operation Fast and Furious scandal during the Obama administration. – http://fxn.ws/2DcbJDq.
- The White House – Remarks by Vice President Pence at a Tax Cuts to Put America First Event: More Than a Bakery – Versailles, Kentucky – http://bit.ly/2HbW4WM.
- Breitbart – Winning: U.S. Steel to Call Back 500 Employees to Illinois Plant After Trump Announces Tariffs on Foreign Steel: United States Steel announced Wednesday morning that it would call back 500 employees to work at its Granite City, Illinois, plant after President Donald Trump announced that the U.S. would impose tariffs on foreign steel. – http://bit.ly/2p0FHF0.
- ZeroHedge – Wells Fargo Is The Go-To Bank For Gunmakers And The NRA: AS dozens of corporations have bowed to corporate pressure and severed their relationship with the NRA, Bloomberg reports Wednesday that none other than Wells Fargo is the biggest financial institution lending money to the country’s two largest gun manufacturers. – http://bit.ly/2FnAQZO.
Minnesota News Round Up:
- CENTER OF THE AMERICAN EXPERIMENT – Should Teachers Have the Right to Strike? A Look at West Virginia and the Twin Cities.: The teachers “walkout” or strike in West Virginia has been in the news for the last two weeks. The teachers and the state just settled the dispute with a 5% increase in pay and a promise to look at steeply rising health care costs in the wake of Obamacare. – http://bit.ly/2tnPg6B.
- POWERLINE – COHN-HEADS: So Trump’s senior economic adviser, Gary Cohn, is resigning because of Trump’s announcement of steel and aluminum tariffs. – http://bit.ly/2oY2K3h.
- alphanews – New Scorecard Website Holds MN Legislators Accountable: MNScorecard is designed to guide legislators and inform voters by proactively evaluating bills as they are introduced in the legislature. – http://bit.ly/2G4RCKk.
Conservative Political Cartoons – http://bit.ly/2oVY1iA.