Daily News Brief: Monday March 19, 2018
8 things you need to know for Monday March 19, 2018. Follow us on facebook and Twitter to stay up to date with the latest news and information you need to know to Get Up to Speed and Out the Door.
National News Round Up:
- The Daily Caller – REPORT: Trump Hires Joe DiGenova To Serve On Legal Team: President Donald Trump has reportedly hired Joe diGenova, former United States attorney for the District of Columbia, to serve on his personal legal team. – http://bit.ly/2ppHTpX.
- ZeroHedge – Government Shutdown Odds Hit 25% As GOP Unveils $1.2 Trillion Spending Bill: After passing its fifth continuing resolution since inauguration day early last month, Democratic and Republican lawmakers promised that this would be the last time…– http://bit.ly/2DEegXd.
- THE HILL – US ‘deeply concerned’ with situation in Syrian city taken by Turkey: The United States said Monday it is “deeply concerned” about the situation in Afrin, Syria, after Turkey seized the city from a Kurdish militia. – http://bit.ly/2G6qs8d.
- The White House – President Donald J. Trump’s Initiative to Stop Opioid Abuse and Reduce Drug Supply and Demand: ADDRESSING THE DRIVING FORCES OF THE OPIOID CRISIS: President Donald J. Trump’s Initiative to Stop Opioids Abuse and Reduce Drug Supply and Demand will confront the driving forces behind the opioid crisis. – http://bit.ly/2GIz2rv.
- POWERLINE – SEN. COTTON TO PROPOSE LONGER MANDATORY MINIMUMS FOR OPIOID PUSHERS: Senator Tom Cotton will introduce legislation next week to combat the opioid epidemic in America. – http://bit.ly/2FNqgLE.
- CENTER OF THE AMERICAN EXPERIMENT – The Sleight of Hand Behind Renewable-Energy Job Numbers: Wind and solar advocates often tout these industries as job creators, responsible for employing more people than coal, natural gas, or oil. – http://bit.ly/2ppzanz.
- FOX NEWS – Judge Nap: Firing of McCabe ‘Could Very Well Be Interpreted as Obstruction of Justice’: Fox News senior judicial analyst Andrew Napolitano explained Monday why he believes the firing of FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe could be viewed as “obstruction of justice.” – http://bit.ly/2DINUmY.
- Conservative Political Cartoons: http://bit.ly/2G5lNDI.